Legal Assistant / Paralegal - Notary Public
- Job number: 20-0314P(3)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Sherbrooke
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
LEGAL ASSISTANT / PARALEGAL - NOTARY PUBLIC
Are you interested in notarial law?
Here is a great opportunity in a well-established notary office in the beautiful Eastern Townships!
Our business partner is looking for a legal assistant / paralegal to work with notaries practicing in commercial law.
The employer we represent offers a beautiful work environment and a friendly team that will facilitate your smooth integration. In addition, excellent group benefits and a salary based on experience are offered. Don't wait any longer!
You will work very closely with two notaries and will be involved in corporate and commercial law cases. Your main responsibilities will include, among others:
- Open, maintain and close files;
- Ensure the publication of notarized deeds and update the minute books;
- Draft and prepare legal proceedings according to existing models;
- Validate and verify data with the REQ, land register, RDPRM, and others;
- Communicate with the various legal stakeholders and clients;
- Prepare and send copies of deeds to clients;
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of files, management of schedules, maintenance and updating of the minute book.
- Experience in corporate or commercial law;
- Minimum experience of approximately 1 year in notarial law is an asset;
- Training in legal secretarial or paralegal technology is an asset;
- Excellent command of spoken and written French, functional English;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Dynamic, autonomous and meticulous.
Interested in this challenge?
Please send us your application in complete confidentiality to email@example.com, specifying the job number 20-0314P(3).
*Please note only candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted and that interviews will be conducted virtually. We thank you for your collaboration.
< Back to job offers