Paralegal Specialized In US Immigration
- Job number: 20-0359P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
PARALEGAL SPECIALIZED IN US IMMIGRATION
Are you passionate about the field of immigration?
Our client, a law firm known for its entrepreneurial spirit and chosen by the most innovative companies around the world, is looking for a paralegal to join its team working in immigration law. This employer offers excellent working conditions as well as important social benefits.
Do not miss this rare opportunity to work in a cutting-edge field!
As a paralegal specialized in US immigration, you will work on a variety of files involving immigration issues (work permit/citizenship application/visas). Your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering information from clients required for immigration proceedings;
- Drafting and producing official documents and forms intended for US government authorities (work permit applications, visas or other documents, etc.);
- Submit new applications and ensure follow-ups on pending requests with US immigration authorities;
- Communicate, in writing or by telephone, with clients regarding developments, deadlines and formalities in their immigration files, in both English and French;
- Preparing and assembling the file: compiling the list of information and documents required to complete the client's application, gathering documentary evidence, compiling the file and participating in the drafting of the legal arguments;
- Manage and ensure the follow-up of files in obtaining and renewing permits or other permits with various government authorities;
- Execute various searches and consult databases of government agencies at the international level.
- DCS in paralegal technology;
- Minimum experience of approximately 1 year in US immigration;
- Good level of bilingualism, both written and spoken;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Resourcefulness, organizational skills and very good customer service;
- Good priority management and versatility.
Interested in this challenge?
*Please note only candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted and that interviews will be conducted virtually. We thank you for your collaboration.
< Back to job offers