Legal Assistant - Construction & Professional Liability
- Job number: 20-0317P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
LEGAL ASSISTANT – CONSTRUCTION & PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY
You have experience in litigation? You are interested in professionnal liability?
Our business partner, a renowned law firm located in downtown Montreal, is looking for a Legal Assistant in litigation to join its construction (insurance) law team.
He or she will be offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Don't wait any longer!
As a litigation Legal Assistant, you will provide valuable support to young lawyers working in professional liability files. Your main responsibilities will be as follows:
- Prepare the usual procedures in litigation;
- Manage the litigious deadlines, make the calculation and the registration in the agenda;
- Manage the agenda of professionals and ensure a rigorous follow-up of deadlines;
- Revise documents and correspondence and transcribe letters in French and English;
- Coordinate meetings and travel of lawyers with clients, lawyers, opposing parties and other stakeholders;
- Participate in the organization of interrogations;
- Carries out the opening, filing, follow-up and organization of files, both paper and electronic;
- Performs related administrative duties as required.
- DVS in secretarial studies or DCS in paralegal technology or any other combination of relevant experience;
- Minimum recent experience of approximately 5 years in litigation;
- Experience in insurance law is an asset;
- Good bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite functions;
- Sense of organization and management of priorities;
- Autonomy and team spirit;
- Rigor and professionalism.
This position is of interest to you?
Please, send us confidentially your application at firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the reference number 20-0317P.
* Please note only candidates meeting the job requirements will be contacted and that interviews will be conducted virtually. We thank you for your collaboration.
< Back to job offers