Legal Assistant, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Job number: 20-0264P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
LEGAL ASSISTANT, MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Are you interested in business law and are looking to join a young, dynamic law firm that is well positioned as a specialist in business law? Here is a great career opportunity for you!
Located in the heart of Montreal, our business partner, a firm recognized in its field of expertise, is looking for a legal assistant, in mergers and acquisitions, to provide administrative and legal support to a team of seasoned professionals.
You will have the opportunity to support the lawyers in numerous mergers and acquisitions files, for both national and international companies.
As a Mergers and Acquisitions Legal Assistant, you will support lawyers in their various business law mandates. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Prepare, modify and revise varied and voluminous legal documents, such as contracts, resolutions, shareholders agreement;
- Prepare, modify and revise correspondence;
- Prepare necessary documentation for closing transactions;
- Manage lawyers’ agenda;
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders and follow up as required;
- Manage phone calls;
- Manage the opening, paper and electronic filing, follow-up and organization of files;
- Make time entries and prepare account projects and monthly invoices.
You have, among other things, to offer:
- Diploma in paralegal technology, legal secretariat or equivalent training;
- Between 2 to 5 years of experience in a legal support role, in a law firm or in a corporate legal department;
- Excellent level of bilingualism. both spoken and written, especially in English;
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions or commercial law will be considered an asset;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills;
- Result-oriented, you will find solutions quickly and proactively;
- Autonomy, sense of responsibility and good organizational skills;
The employer we represent provides a dynamic and stimulating work environment. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, access is easy by public transportation.
This job is of interest to you?
Please send us your application to: email@example.com, mentioning the reference number: 20-0264P.
* Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers