Legal Assistant, Family Law
- Job number: 20-0224P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT, FAMILY LAW
You feel drawn to family law, having in mind the best interest of children and families? Here is a great opportunity to pursue your professional career in a large law firm ready to welcome a Legal Assistant with a passion for a more people-oriented type of law!
You will have the opportunity to work in files dealing with childcare, divorce, separation between common-law partners, child and spousal support and international child abduction. Your skills will definitely be an asset!
Join this specialized family law team comprised of several Lawyers and Legal Assistants.
This reputable law firm stands out in the Montreal legal community by its competitive compensation and full range of benefits. Several administrative resources within the firm are at your disposal in order to enable you to focus on legal tasks!
As a Family Law Legal Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing family law files: divorce applications, custody applications, homologation of mandate in anticipation of incapacity, support determination forms, affidavits, etc.;
- Open and follow up on client files (vouchers, correspondences, etc.);
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda and schedule various meetings (hearings, court sessions, etc.);
- Write, modify and revise legal documents and correspondence;
- Communicate, by email or telephone, with various stakeholders (clients, lawyers, witnesses, bailiffs, etc.);
- Manage opening, paper and electronic filling, billing, follow-up and organization of file.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Excellent written French and good English skills both spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong organizational skills and priority management;
- Meticulousness and attention to detail.
Our client, a firm located in downtown Montreal, offers a pleasant work environment, in addition to a competitive overall compensation.
This posting is of interest to you?
Please send your application to: , mentioning the reference number: 20-02244P.
*Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers