Bilingual Legal Assistant | Notary Firm
- Job number: 20-0202P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
BILINGUAL LEGAL ASSISTANT | NOTARY FIRM
You want to work in the western part of downtown Montreal while enjoying a vibrant neighborhood life?
You are recognized for your bilingualism, interested in learning notarial law and looking for a professional environment in which you will have a key role in client files?
Our client, a notary firm with a well-established practice, is looking for a legal assistant. Within walking distance of the subway, the employer offers good benefits.
As a bilingual legal assistant for notaries, your duties will include:
- Preparing, amending and revising legal documents related to commercial and residential real estate law (mortgages, construction, intentional or private refinancing, succession, wills, incapacity mandates, etc.);
- Taking care of files management from opening to closure and ensuring follow-ups;
- Communicating with clients by phone or email and answering questions as needed;
- Writing correspondence and ensuring follow ups;
- Taking part in accounting tasks.
- Minimum experience of approximately two years as a legal assistant, experience with notaries an asset
- DVS in secretarial studies with legal specialisation, DCS in Office Technology with legal specialisation or Paralegal Technology required
- Bilingualism (French and English), spoken, written, read.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Paramaître software is an asset
- Reliable and autonomous
- Resourcefulness and good judgment
- Good team player and ability to work in collaboration
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple files at once
Our client offers a convivial office. Located west of downtown Montreal, access is easy by public transit.
*Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers