Paralegal In Major Firm, Corporate Law
- Job number: 20-0193P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
PARALEGAL IN MAJOR FIRM, CORPORATE LAW
Do you have experience as a paralegal in corporate law and wish to take on new professional challenges in a team with a human approach? This is a great opportunity!
Our client, a law firm that has been operating in the business community for several decades and has an office located in the heart of downtown Montreal, is currently looking for a bilingual paralegal to join its team of renowned professionals.
As a corporate law paralegal, you will be supported by legal assistants and clerks; you will collaborate with lawyers on various tasks: commercial transactions, maintenance of minute books, drafting of various contracts.
The employer we represent offers a great work environment, competitive compensation and a complete range of benefits!
In addition, you can benefit from paid overtime as well as a low annual billable target!
As a corporate paralegal, you will collaborate daily with lawyers. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Prepare and amend various legal documents in corporate law (contracts, reorganizations, continuances, dissolution, shareholder agreements, mergers, acquisitions, notices, etc.).
- Incorporate, register, organize, liquidate and dissolve companies and file corporate documents;
- Update minutes books;
- Assist lawyers in transactional cases (assembling closing agendas, preparing contract schedules, drafting resolutions, etc.);
- Attend closing sessions;
- Conduct researches in Corporate Registrar, Corporation Canada and other corporate registries.
- DCS in Paralegal Technology or any other equivalent studies;
- Minimum experience of approximately 5 to 8 years in corporate, commercial and/or transactional law;
- Good level of bilingualism, both written and spoken;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Autonomy, rigor and good management of priorities;
- Interpersonal skills and proactivity.
This position is for you!
Please send us your application confidentially to: email@example.com , mentioning the reference number: 20-0193P.
* Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers