Legal Assistant | To be Trained in Litigation
- Job number: 20-0156P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | TO BE TRAINED IN LITIGATION
Are you a legal assistant with little to no experience in litigation and have a desire to explore this motivating field?
This position is for you!
Our client, a major law firm, is seeking a legal assistant with a desire to learn litigation, to join their team of professionals. The employer that we represent holds strong values and believes in educating their employees for the long term. Located in downtown Montreal, near all amenities, our client is an employer of choice and offers a wide range of benefits as well as a competitive salary.
As a litigation legal assistant, you will have a variety of tasks to complete, such as preparing different legal procedures, data entry in various files and data bases and ensuring that the delays are being vigorously respected.
As a litigation legal assistant, you will support the lawyers in the firm.
Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Prepare, amend and revise correspondence and various legal documents;
- Update the lawyers’ agenda and ensure a tight follow up of the delays;
- Draft legal procedures;
- Prepare client files and ensure a strict follow up;
- Handle telephone calls and communicate with the diverse players in the files;
- Manage the opening, following up, filing (both electronic and paper) and closing of files.
- Diploma in Secretarial studies with a legal profile or any combination of relevant experience/training;
- Bilingualism spoken and written;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Resourceful, team player and rigor;
- Good organizational skills, flexibility and initiative.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send us your application confidentially to: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the offer number: 20-0156P(1).
*Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers