Law Firm /Assistant, Tax Litigation
- Job number: 20-0147P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LAW FIRM / ASSISTANT, TAX LITIGATION
Are you intrigued by the legal field? You enjoy working with legal procedures and being involved in major cases?
Our client, a law firm with a good reputation and located in downtown Montreal, is seeking a legal assistant to support its team of tax litigation lawyers.
Whether it’s the audit process, negotiating settlements with the provincial and federal tax authorities, or representations before the competent Courts, here’s a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of this type of litigation!
As a legal assistant, you will be required to work with experienced lawyers in their areas of practice. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Write and prepare various legal documents: legal procedures, forms, memos, etc.;
- Prepare clients files (exhibits, correspondence, etc.);
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders on file and follow up as required;
- Revise documents and correspondence to verify compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda, calculate and ensure registration of deadlines and follow up on them;
- Manage the opening, paper and electronic filing, billing, follow-up and organization of files.
- DVS in legal secretarial studies or any equivalent training;
- Minimum of approximately 1 to 3 years of experience as a legal assistant;
- Good level of bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Organizational skills and autonomy;
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and team spirit.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send your application to: , mentioning the reference number: 20-0147P(1).
*Please note interviews will be conducted virtually.
< Back to job offers