Legal Assistant in Insurance Litigation
- Job number: 20-0069P(3)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT IN INSURANCE LITIGATION
You like litigation procedures and have a strong interest in insurance law? This opportunity is for you!
Our client, a medium-sized law firm, is looking for a bilingual Litigation Assistant to support its team in insurance law.
This employer, distinguished by its excellent professionalism, offers a friendly and dynamic work environment as well as competitive compensation and benefits. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, the offices are easily accessible by public transit.
As a Legal Assistant in insurance litigation, you will be required to work with two lawyers. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Prepare the usual litigation procedures in the field of insurance law;
- Transcribe letters in both official languages;
- Manage deadlines, calculate and register on the agenda;
- Manage the lawyers' agenda and ensure timely follow-up;
- Establish contacts to schedule meetings with various stakeholders (clients, lawyers, opposing parties, etc.);
- Organize the logistics of lawyers' travel;
- Assist with the organization of interrogations;
- Correct and update documents and correspondence to ensure they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the opening, the paper and electronic filing, the follow-up and organization of files;
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- DEP in secretarial studies or DEC in paralegal technology or any other combination of relevant experience;
- Minimum of approximately 2 years of experience in a Litigation Assistant role;
- Good bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite functions;
- Strong organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Autonomy, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Professionalism and dynamism;
- Teamwork, customer service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
The employer we represent is a well-established firm in downtown Montreal. Our client is an employer of choice offering competitive compensation.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the reference number: 20-0069P(3).
< Back to job offers