Legal Assistant | Construction Litigation and Professional Responsability
- Job number: 20-0030P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION AND PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITY
You have litigation experience and want to be involved in construction law and professional liability cases?
Our business partner, a boutique law firm located in downtown Montreal, is seeking a bilingual legal assistant to join its team of civil and commercial litigation lawyers. As a legal assistant in construction litigation, you will support lawyers namely in professional liability, manufacturing and construction defects and debt recovery cases.
In addition to a dynamic and user-friendly work environment, this human-sized firm offers competitive compensation and social benefits worthy of major national firms.
Send your application without delay!
As a litigation legal assistant, you will bring your valuable collaboration to two lawyers specialized in their area of practice. Your tasks will include:
- Draft and review correspondence and other legal documents and ensure follow up;
- Prepare and review the usual litigation procedures, including construction litigation;
- Revise documents and correspondence to check they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, supporting evidence, etc.);
- Manage phone calls and lawyers' agenda and ensure follow up;
- Opening, follow-up, billing, file organization and paper and electronic filing.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in secretarial studies with legal specialization or any other relevant training or experience;
- Minimum experience of approximately 2 years as a litigation legal assistant;
- Good level of bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Attention to detail, versatility and team spirit.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send us your application confidentially to: firstname.lastname@example.org, by mentioning the offer number: 20-0030P(2).
< Back to job offers