Corporate Assistant with Paralegal Tasks
- Job number: 20-0087P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
CORPORATE ASSISTANT WITH PARALEGAL TASKS
Our business partner is a boutique law firm located in downtown Montreal with a good reputation in the business community. They are seeking the services of a legal assistant with a minimum of three years of experience in corporate law.
As a legal assistant, you will have the opportunity to work alongside a seasoned lawyer with a clientele composed of both large corporations and pan-Canadian financial institutions. You will provide him with daily support in his various files: mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, corporate reorganizations, financings, securities, and more!
This is a great opportunity to join a human-sized firm that offers a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits. Apply now!
Among your tasks, your responsibilities will include :
- Prepare, modify and revise various legal documents in corporate and commercial law: resolutions, annual declarations, share certificates, shareholder agreements, rollover and exchange agreements, dividend resolutions, mergers, dissolutions, commercial contracts, etc;
- Provide support in various corporate and commercial transactions and prepare closing binders;
- Incorporate Federal and Provincial corporations;
- Conduct corporate research, especially at the REQ and Canada Corporation;
- Update corporate minutes books;
- Revise documents and correspondence to ensure they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the agenda and coordinate meetings as well as travel, while respecting deadlines;
- Ensure a rigorous follow-up of files and correspondence;
- Manage opening, paper and electronic filing, time entry, follow-up and organization of files.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in legal secretarial studies, Diploma of Collegial Studies (DCS) in legal technology or any other combination of training and relevant experience;
- Minimum of approximately 3 years of experience as a legal assistant in commercial and corporate law;
- Excellent knowledge of English and functional knowledge of French, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage several files simultaneously;
- Rigour, autonomy and proactivity;
- Professionalism, team spirit and good interpersonal skills.
Interested in this challenge?
Please send us your application in complete confidentiality to: specifying the reference number: 20-0087P(2).
< Back to job offers