Legal Assistant | Corporate Tax
- Job number: 19-0587P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | CORPORATE TAX
Our business partner, a large law firm, is looking to hire a Legal Assistant to support its team of tax lawyers.
These experienced lawyers have a specialized practice in corporate taxation. You will work on a daily basis with lawyers in files related to Canadian and foreign companies, trusts and small and medium-sized businesses. This is a great opportunity for a Legal Assistant interested in several aspects of tax law: corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, corporate financing, bank taxation, and even more!
You have a good bilingualism, are resourceful and enjoy formatting large and complex documents? This coveted employer, located in the heart of downtown Montreal, is ready to welcome you!
As a Legal Assistant, your tasks will include:
- Prepare various documents relating to tax law: letters, notes, forms, etc.;
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda;
- Manage phone calls and follow up with clients and tax authorities;
- Prepare client files and organize tax documentation;
- Revise documents and correspondence to ensure that they comply with legal and grammatical procedures;
- Manage opening, paper and electronic filling, billing, follow-up and organization of file.
- DVS in Legal Secretarial Studies, or other combination of experience and equivalent training;
- Minimum of approximately two years of experience in a similar role;
- Good bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and priority management skills.
This posting is of interest to you?
Please send us your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the reference number: 19-0587P(1).
< Back to job offers