Litigation Assistant | Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Job number: 19-0552P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LITIGATION ASSISTANT | BANKRUPTCY AND INSOLVENCY
Do you have experience in litigation and have an interest in bankruptcy and insolvency law? Do you want to work in the heart of downtown Montreal for an employer who values collaboration, teamwork and respect? We have the job for you!
Our business partner, a leading law firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant with litigation experience to join the financial services team. You will work with experienced professionals participating in a variety of files, including bankruptcy, insolvency and financial restructuring. Consumer proposals, refinancing, restructuring and proposals will be part of your daily work.
A friendly work environment, competitive compensation and a full range of benefits (group insurance coverage, employer contribution to a group RRSP, several weeks of vacation, ect.) are at your fingertips!
As a Legal Assistant, you will provide valuable support to the insolvency litigation team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, amend and transcribe various documents, letters, forms and notes specific to insolvency and restructuring;
- Prepare usual insolvency procedures;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, supporting documents, etc.);
- Write and follow up correspondence;
- Review documents and correspondence to see if they are consistent with grammatical usage;
- Keep a rigorous monitoring on files and deadlines;
- Manage phone calls and keep the calendar up to date;
- Manage opening, paper and electronic filling, follow-up and organization of files.
- Diploma in Legal Secretarial Studies or any other combination of relevant training or experience;
- Minimum of approximately 2 years of experience in a legal litigation position;
- Good bilingualism, both spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Organizational ability, priority management and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple files at the same time;
- Autonomy, initiative and good interpersonal skills.
This posting is of interest to you?
Please send us your application confidentially to: email@example.com , mentioning the reference number 19-0552P(1).
< Back to job offers