Legal Assistant | Tax Litigation
- Job number: 19-0465P(3)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | TAX LITIGATION
Taxation is an area of law that challenges you? You particularly like working with legal procedures and being involved in major cases?
Our client, a law firm with a good reputation in the Quebec legal community and located in downtown Montreal, is seeking a Litigation Legal Assistant to support its team of Tax Litigation Lawyers. You will work with experienced Lawyers in their field who have represented their clients before various tribunals during their career, including the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Quebec Court of Appeal.
Whether it’s the audit process, negotiating settlements with the provincial and federal tax authorities, and representation before the competent Courts, here’s a great opportunity to reach out to all aspects of tax litigation!
As a Tax Litigation Legal Assistant, you will be required to work with experienced lawyers in their areas of practice. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Write and prepare various legal documents related to tax law: legal procedures, forms, memos, etc.;
- Prepare clients files (exhibits, correspondence, etc.);
- Prepare legal procedures for service, notifications and filings;
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders on file and follow up as required;
- Revise documents and correspondence to verify compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda, calculate and ensure registration of deadlines and follow up on them;
- Manage the opening, paper and electronic filing, billing, follow-up and organization of files.
- DVS in Legal Secretarial Studies or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Minimum of approximately three (3) years of experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant;
- Bilingualism required, spoken and written;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Organizational skills, ability to manage multiple files at once and autonomy;
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and team spirit.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send your application to: , mentioning the reference number: 19-0465P(3).
< Back to job offers