Law Firm Billing Assistant
- Job number: 19-0494P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LAW FIRM BILLING ASSISTANT
Our business partner, a leading law firm with a stellar reputation in Quebec, has just created the position of Billing Assistant specializing in professional fees, to join their team. As the Billing Assistant, you will be handling billing for a senior Partner with a high volume of files.
Perfectly situated in downtown Montreal, in the heart of the business district, the employer offers: a competitive salary; medical, dental and disability insurance; pension plan; sick days that can be cashed out and casual Fridays!
If you are an administrative assistant with experience in billing professional fees within a service/consulting firm or a legal assistant looking to focus on administrative tasks, this is a really great opportunity for you!
As a Billing Assistant, you will manage the processing of the preliminary and final billing.
Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Prepare billing and send bills to the lawyers;
- Review, correct and modify preliminary invoices using the internal billing software and platform;
- Make time entries, disbursements and entries cancellation;
- Ensure billing documents comply with grammatical usage;
- Produce final billing on a monthly or semester basis, or on demand, and transferring it to clients;
- Ensure the respect of the hourly rate specific to each client;
- Transfer bills and supporting evidence to clients by mail, email or by means of upload on an electronic billing site.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) or any other equivalent training;
- Billing experience in a law firm or a professional services firm, an asset;
- Good level of bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Meticulousness, detail-oriented and great organisational skills;
- Great interpersonal skills and professionalism.
This position is of interest to you?
< Back to job offers