Legal Assistant in Litigation
- Job number: 19-0560P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT IN LITIGATION
Are you a Legal Assistant with little experience in litigation and have a desire to explore this motivating field? Does litigation intrigue you and are you ready for a new challenge that lives up to your skills? This position is for you!
Our client, a national law firm, is seeking a Legal Assistant to join their seasoned professionals. The employer we represent has the resources to facilitate your transition to litigation assistant positions. The firm has great values and believes in your potential to redirect your career into litigation!
Located in downtown Montreal, near all amenities, the law firm is an employer of choice and offers a wide array of benefits as well as a competitive salary.
As a litigation Legal Assistant, you will have a variety of tasks to complete, such as preparing different legal procedures, data entry in various files and databases and ensuring that the delays are being vigorously respected.
As a litigation Legal Assistant, you will support two lawyers in the firm. Among your responsibilities, you will:
- Prepare, amend and revise correspondence and various legal documents;
- Update the lawyers’ agenda and ensure a tight follow-up of the delays;
- Draft legal procedures;
- Prepare client files and ensure a strict follow up;
- Handle phone calls and communicate with the diverse players in the files;
- Manage the opening, following up, filling (both electronic and paper) and closing of files.
- Diploma of Professionals Studies (SPS/DEP) in Secretarial Studies with a legal profile or any combination of relevant experience/training;
- Good bilingualism spoken and written;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Desire to learn;
- Good organizational skills, flexibility and initiative.
Interested in this challenge?
Please send us your application confidentially to: email@example.com, by mentioning the offer number 19-0560P.
< Back to job offers