Business Law Department Assistant
- Job number: 19-0395P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
BUSINESS LAW DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
You like new challenges, have a high level of autonomy and want to discover new types of law?
You are recognized for your excellent customer service and outstanding ability to adapt?
Our business partner, a highly renowned professional services firm located in downtown Montreal, is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to work with Lawyers practicing in commercial law.
Here is an excellent opportunity to be eventually assigned in a law firm offering exceptional training conditions to their new employees!
You will have the chance to collaborate with a number of business law professionals and will be required to replace Legal Assistants during their vacations. As a Legal Assistant, you will be of great help to the entire team in all the busy periods. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Maintain the agenda and all the files up to date, including management of deadlines;
- Write and review correspondence (letters, e-mails, etc.);
- Prepare and revise various legal documents (letters, contracts, agreements, etc.);
- Revise documents and correspondence to ensure they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Lay out letters and documents from handwritten, stenographed or dictated texts;
- Create, modify and update PowerPoint tables and presentations;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, vouchers, etc.).
- DEP in Legal Secretarial Studies or any other relevant training;
- Minimum of approximately 2 years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Good level of bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Attention to detail, versatility and team spirit.
The employer we represent is a company with good working conditions. Located in downtown Montreal, the offices are easily accessible by public transport.
This post is of interest to you?
< Back to job offers