Legal Assistant Floater - Business Law
- Job number: 19-0370P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
LEGAL ASSISTANT FLOATER – BUSINESS LAW
You are versatile and autonomous?
Here is a great opportunity to join a growing law firm with a great philosophy.
Our client, a highly recognized law firm in Quebec, is seeking a business law legal assistant in a floater role to join its dynamic team. The benefits offered by the employer are among the best in the market.
As a Floater Legal Assistant, you will replace legal assistants during vacation and absences and provide valuable assistance to the entire team during busy times. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Draft and revise correspondence and ensure follow up;
- Draft and revise legal documents related to business law: trust indentures, share issues, shareholder agreements, tax memos, contracts, declarations, forms, reports, resolutions, etc.;
- Lay out letters and documents from handwritten, stenographed or dictated texts;
- Transcribe dictations;
- Revise documents and correspondence to check they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, supporting evidence, etc.);
- Manage phone calls and lawyers' agenda and ensure follow up;
- Opening, follow-up, file organization and paper and electronic filing.
- Diploma of professional studies (DEP) in secretarial studies with legal specialisation or any other relevant training;
- Minimum experience of approximately 2 years as Legal Secretary;
- Good level of bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Attention to detail, versatility and team spirit.
Our client is a legal firm that is easily accessible by public transportation, placing professional development at the very top of its priorities, it also offers a friendly working atmosphere.
This position is for you!
Please send your application now to: firstname.lastname@example.org , mentioning the number of the offer: 19-0370P.
< Back to job offers