Legal Assistant - Constitutional and Aboriginal Law
- Job number: 19-0323P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT - CONSTITUTIONAL AND ABORIGINAL LAW
You are a bilingual Legal Assistant who wants to support lawyers with a stimulating and evolving practice? You have a litigation base and are interested in Aboriginal and Constitutional Law? We have a great opportunity for you !
Our client, a human-sized law firm, is looking for a Legal Assistant to join its team of experienced professionals in their field, Aboriginal Law.
Whether it is for issues related to aboriginal rights, land claims or the negotiation of treaties and constitutional agreements, this law firm undoubtedly has a great deal of expertise with the indigenous communities!
Competitive salary, a great range of benefits and a professional and friendly work environment are awaiting you!
As a Legal Assistant in Constitutional and Aboriginal Law, you will be required to work with a diverse clientele, such as band councils, various organizations, indigenous governments and individuals, as well as non-indigenous businesses. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Prepare various contracts and resolutions involving various stakeholders in the indigenous communities;
- Write various negotiation projects;
- Prepare briefs for government authorities;
- Prepare the usual litigation procedures related to Aboriginal Law;
- Write correspondence and follow up;
- Revise documents and correspondence to verify compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Transcribe dictations, in French and English;
- Manage the lawyers' agenda;
- Prepare and maintain client files (correspondence, vouchers, etc.);
- Manage the opening, the paper and electronic filing, the follow-up and organization of files.
- Minimum of approximately three (3) years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Very good level of bilingualism, both spoken and written
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, autonomy and proactivity;
- Team spirit, good interpersonal skills and excellent customer service.
Located in downtown Montreal, close to all amenities (public transportation, shops and restaurants), our client is a top employer offering a dynamic and team-oriented work environment.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send us your application to: email@example.com , mentioning the reference number: 19-0323P(1).
< Back to job offers