Legal Assistant | Medical Law
- Job number: 19-0358P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | MEDICAL LAW
Health law intrigues you? You are a Legal Assistant with litigation knowledge aspiring to start a professional career at a nationally renowned law firm?
Our client, a law firm expert in several practice areas of law, is looking for a Legal Assistant to join its medical law team. You will have the opportunity to support Lawyers representing mainly various health institutions, whether hospitals, long term care facilities, private clinics, medical professionals or pharmacies, in cases of medical and hospital liability, consent to care and interpretation of legislation such as the Act respecting health services and social services.
Located in the heart of downtown Montreal and easily accessible by public transport, this well-known law firm offers competitive compensation and a full range of benefits.
As a Legal Assistant for the medical law team, you will support two Lawyers specializing in this area of law. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Revise the usual litigation procedures related to health law;
- Manage deadlines, calculate and register on the agenda;
- Follow up on files and deadlines;
- Prepare customer files (correspondence, vouchers, etc.);
- Write correspondence and follow up;
- Transcibe dictations in both languages;
- Revise documents and correspondence to ensure that they comply with legal and grammatical procedures;
- Ensure management of Lawyers’ agenda;
- Manage phone calls and provide customer service;
- Manage opening, paper and electronic filling, follow-up and organization of files.
- DEP in Legal Secretarial Studies or any other combination of training and experience;
- Minimum of approximately two years of experience as a Legal Assistant, basic knowledge of Code of Civil Procedure is required;
- Good level of bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Resourcefulness, autonomy and ability to manage multiple folders at once;
- Meticulousness and attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit.
The employer we represent is a nationally recognized law firm wit a professional and friendly work environment.
This job is of interest to you?
< Back to job offers