Legal Assistant - Banking and Real Estate
- Job number: 19-0279P(1)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT - BANKING AND REAL ESTATE
You like working in real estate law, have a strong interest in litigation procedures and want to join the ranks of a globally recognized law firm? We have a great opportunity for you!
Our client, a law firm with an excellent reputation in the legal community, is looking for a Legal Assistant to support two lawyers, including a partner, in their banking and real estate litigation practice. In addition to being located in the heart of downtown Montreal, close to public transportation, shops and restaurants, this top employer offers a competitive salary and a good range of benefits.
As a Legal Assistant in banking and real estate law, you will assist two lawyers in their daily practice.
Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Prepare letters and large legal documents in the field of real estate law such as commercial leases, acquisitions, deeds of sale, etc;
- Prepare the usual litigation procedures in the field of real estate and banking law;
- Manage deadlines, calculate and register on the agenda;
- Assist with the organization of interrogations;
- Search various records such as Land Register, RDPRM, etc.;
- Manage the lawyers' agenda and ensure timely follow-up;
- Establish contacts to coordinate meetings with various stakeholders (clients, lawyers, opposing parties, etc.);
- Organize the logistics of the lawyers' travel;
- Correct and update documents and correspondence to ensure that they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the opening, the paper and electronic filing, the follow-up and organization of files;
- Perform administrative tasks as needed.
- DEP in secretarial studies or DEC or any other combination of training and relevant experience;
- Minimum of approximately two to five years of experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Good bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Autonomy, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Professionalism and dynamism;
- Team worker, good interpersonal skills and proactivity.
The employer we represent is a prominent law firm located in downtown Montreal. Providing a dynamic and professional working environment, the offices are easily accessible by public transport.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send us your application to: email@example.com , mentioning the reference number: 19-0279P(1).
< Back to job offers