Legal Assistant Floater - 4 Days/ Week
- Job number: 19-0221P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT FLOATER - 4 DAYS/WEEK
You have litigation experience? You are versatile and autonomous?
This permanent position is for you!
Here is a great opportunity to join a growing law firm with a great philosophy.
Our client, a highly recognized law firm in Quebec, is seeking a litigation floater to join its dynamic team. The benefits offered by the employer are among the best in the labour market. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work 4 days a week, in a beautiful working environment, in the heart of downtown Montreal.
As a Litigation Floater Legal Assistant, you will replace assistants during vacation and absences and provide valuable assistance to the entire team during busy times. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Draft and revise correspondence, other legal documents and procedures and ensure follow up;
- Lay out letters and documents from handwritten, stenographed or dictated texts;
- Transcribe dictations;
- Revise documents and correspondence to check they comply with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Prepare client files (correspondence, supporting evidence, etc.);
- Manage phone calls and lawyers' agenda and ensure follow up;
- Opening, follow-up, file organization and paper and electronic filing.
- Diploma of professional studies (DEP) in secretarial studies with legal specialisation or any other relevant training;
- Minimum experience of approximately 2 years as Legal Secretary;
- Litigation experience, an asset;
- Good level of bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Attention to detail, versatility and team spirit.
Our client is a legal firm that is easily accessible by public transportation, placing professional development at the very top of its priorities and offering a friendly working atmosphere.
This position is for you!
Please send your application now to: firstname.lastname@example.org , mentioning the number of the offer: 19-0221P(2).
< Back to job offers