Tax and Commercial Litigation | Legal Assistant
- Job number: 19-0167P(3)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
TAX AND COMMERCIAL LITIGATION | LEGAL ASSISTANT
You are a Legal Assistant with litigation experience and would like to join a team of motivated professionals in an internationally recognized law firm? We have a great opportunity for you!
Our client, a well-known and reputable full-service law firm, is looking for a Legal Assistant to support lawyers practicing in commercial and / or tax litigation. You will have the opportunity to work with experienced lawyers on a variety of important files, including mergers and acquisitions, tax disputes and international transactions.
This top employer, located in downtown Montreal, offers a competitive salary and a good range of benefits. Don’t miss this chance and send us your application!
As a tax and / or commercial litigation Legal Assistant, you will work with different lawyers in their mandates.
Your tasks will include:
- Draft and prepare various legal documents related to commercial and / or tax law, such as procedures, forms and memos;
- Prepare customer files (correspondence, exhibits and other documents);
- Prepare the procedures for service, notifications and filings;
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders and follow up as required;
- Revise documents and correspondence to verify compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the lawyers' agenda, ensure the registration of the various deadlines and follow up on them;
- Manage phone calls, emails and correspondence;
- Manage the opening, the paper and electronic filing, the follow-up and organization of files.
- Diploma of vocational studies (DVS) in legal secretariat, or equivalent training;
- Minimum of approximately three years of experience in litigation;
- Good bilingualism, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the function of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent organizational skills and good management of priorities;
- Thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Good team spirit and good sense of initiative.
Our client, a leading law firm, offers a dynamic work environment, a great range of benefits and a competitive salary. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, access is easy by public transport.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send your application nous to: , mentioning the reference number: 19-0167P(3).
< Back to job offers