Legal Assistant, Employment Law
- Job number: 19-0212P(2)
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT, EMPLOYMENT LAW
You are a legal assistant seeking new challenges in a law firm, where teamwork and professionalism are important values? Here is a position for you!
Our client, an internationally recognized law firm, is seeking a bilingual legal assistant to assist professionals in their practice in employment law and litigation.
In addition to a dynamic and professional work environment, excellent working conditions and very competitive benefits also await you!
As a legal assistant, you will work mainly with lawyers practicing in employment law and litigation. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist lawyers in drafting of standard litigation proceedings, collective agreements and various legal documents;
- Assist lawyers in preparation of trials and hearings (convocation of witnesses, preparation of case law);
- Prepare various documents, letters and forms related to employment law (legal opinions, legal agreements, etc.);
- Perform various legal research;
- Manage lawyers agenda and follow up on deadlines;
- Transcribe dictations in French and English;
- Prepare customer files (modify / edit correspondence, supporting evidence, etc.) and ensure a rigorous follow-up;
- Manage phone calls and communicate with various stakeholders;
- Opening, follow-up, paper and electronic filing and closing of files;
- Participate in the billing process and manage timesheets.
- Minimum experience of approximately two years as a legal assistant;
- Good level of bilingualism, French and English, spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite;
- Good organizational skills, priority management and autonomy;
- Rigor, meticulousness and attention to detail;
- Team spirit and good interpersonal skills.
The employer we represent is located in downtown Montreal, and easily accessible by public transportation.
This position is for you!
Please send your application now to: firstname.lastname@example.org , mentionning the number of the offer: 19-0212P(2).
< Back to job offers