Legal Assistant | Tax Disputes Resolution
- Job number: 19-0413P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Open
LEGAL ASSISTANT | TAX DISPUTES RESOLUTION
Several aspects of tax litigation in matters of consumer tax, deductions at source, voluntary disclosures, corporate and personal taxes and audits; here are some types of files you will deal with on a day-to-day basis!
Our business partner, a specialized corporate law firm located downtown Montreal, is currently seeking a Legal Assistant to join its Tax Litigation group. Offering a competitive salary, a full range of benefits and great working conditions, this sought-after employer is waiting for someone like you!
As a Tax Litigation Legal Assistant, you will be required to work with experienced lawyers in their areas of practice. Among your responsibilities, your tasks will include:
- Write and prepare various legal documents related to tax law: legal procedures, forms, memos, etc.;
- Prepare customer files (exhibits, correspondence, etc.);
- Prepare legal procedures for service, notifications and filings;
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders on file and follow up as required;
- Revise documents and correspondence to verify compliance with legal procedures and grammatical usage;
- Manage the lawyer’s agenda, calculate and ensure registration of deadlines and follow up on them;
- Manage the opening, paper and electronic filing, billing, follow-up and organization of files.
- DVS in Legal Secretarial Studies, or any equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Minimum of approximately 4 years of experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant;
- Bilingualism required, spoken and written;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Organizational skills, ability to manage multiple files at once and autonomy;
- Thoroughness, attention to detail and team spirit.
This position is of interest to you?
Please send your application to email@example.com, mentioning the reference number 19-0413P.
< Back to job offers