Litigation Legal Assistant, Floater
- Job number: 19-0146P
- Employment type: Permanent Full Time
- City: Montréal
- Department: Administrative clerks
- Employment status: Filled
LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT, FLOATER
You have experience as a Litigation Legal Assistant? You like a varied work including several areas of law? This permanent position in a renowned law firm is for you!
Our client, a recognized full source law firm, is looking for a Litigation Floater to join its dynamic team.
Located in downtown Montreal, the firm is housed in beautiful offices. Great working conditions as well as some of the best benefits on the market are awaiting you!
As Legal Assistant/Floater, you will replace absent or on vacations Legal Assistants, and you will provide a precious help to the team during busy periods. You may work for one or several different individuals, either from your workstation or from that of the Legal Assistant you will be replacing. Your responsibilities will most specifically include:
- Drafting correspondence and ensuring its follow-up;
- Preparing various documents and legal proceedings;
- Laying out and formatting letters and documents based on written, stenographic or dictated notes;
- Transcribing dictations in both official languages;
- Managing lawyers agenda and ensuring follow-ups;
- Managing phone calls and their follow-up;
- Reviewing documents and correspondence to ensure they are compliant with legal procedures and grammatical rules;
- Preparing client files (supporting evidence, correspondence, etc.) and ensuring a rigorous follow-up of all cases;
- Managing the opening, the paper and electronic filing, the follow-up and organization of files.
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) in Secretarial Affairs (legal profile) or any other combination of relevant training/experience will be considered;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant;
- Strong French and English skills, spoken and written;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Good organizational and priority-management skills
Team spirit and good interpersonal skills;
- Polyvalence, flexibility and detail-oriented.
Our client is a reputed law firm located downtown Montreal and easily accessible by public transport. A competitive salary and a good range of benefits are offered.
This position is of interest to you?
Send your application to Groupe Montpetit at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning reference number 19-0146P.
< Back to job offers